Climate and local ANthropogenic drivers and impacts for the TunisIan COastal area
Objective(s)Develop a methodology to assess and prioritize risks from combined CC and anthropogenic impacts on coastal areas (create decision support tools); Indicate on preliminary adaptation and ICZM options
- Develop the conceptual framework to simulate local effects of atmospheric climate change scenarios;
- set up a downscaling set of numerical tools for the Gulf of Gabes in order to simulate the coastal dynamics, capable to be nested with larger scale, already existing models;
- insert local anthropogenic forcings in the climate change scenario simulations for the coastal area;
- provide a sound and feasible methodology for the prioritization of risks and impacts posed by the combination of climate and anthropogenic impacts on coastal areas;
- provide some preliminary indications useful for the adoption of appropriate adaptation and ICZM options.
See also article in Regional Environmental Change supplement issue (Volume 14 - supplement 1 - Feb. 2014)
Agostini P., Torresan S., Micheletti C., Critto A., 2009. Review of Decision Support Systems devoted to the management of inland and coastal waters in the European Union. In: Marcomini A., Suter G.W. II, Critto A. (Eds). Decision Support Systems for Risk Based Management of Contaminated Sites, New York, Springer Verlag, pp 311- 329.
Melaku Canu D, Solidoro C, Cossarini G, Giorgi F.. 2010 Effect of global change on bivalve rearing activity and the need for adaptive management. Climate Research 2010, Vol42:13-26.
Sanchez-Gomez E., Somot S., Mariotti A. (2009) Future changes in the Mediterranean water budget projected by an ensemble of Regional Climate Models Geophysical Research Letters, in press.
CANTICO - identifying integrated coastal impacts of climate change. Innovation International, Research Media Ltd, Bristol, United Kingdom, ISSN 2041-4551. March 2010.
Santoro F., Gallina V., Torresan S., and Marcomini A., 2009. Report on DPSIR for the Gulf of Gabés. Working paper 2.1 of the CANTICO project.
Sevault F., Somot S., Beuvier J. (2009) A regional version of the NEMO ocean engine on the Mediterranean Sea: NEMOMED8 user’s guide. Note de centre n°107. Groupe de Météo rologie de Grande Echelle et Climat. CNRM. mai 2009.
Torresan S., Critto A., Gallina V., Alberighi E., Santoro F. and Marcomini A., 2009. Review of risk and vulnerability methodologies, indicators and indexes for the assessment of climate change impacts and risks on coastal zones. Working paper n. 5.1.1 of the CANTICO project.
Decision Support Systems for the analysis of climate change impacts and risks analysis. Internal report for the Cantico project.
Development and application of vulnerability indexes and indicators for the analysis of climate change impacts and risks. Internal report for the Cantico project.
Events and networking
Rizzi J., Torresan S., Alberghi E., Critto A., Marcomini A., 2010. Climate change regional vulnerability assessment to support integrated coastal risk management. Oral presentation at the Gi4DM conference, Turin, Italy, February 2010.
Rizzi J., Torresan S., Zabeo A., Giove S., Critto A., Marcomini A., 2010. DESYCO: DEcision support SYstem for COastal climate change impact assessment. ASITA 2010, Brescia, Italy, November 2010.
Torresan S., Rizzi J., Critto A., Gallina V., Rianna F., Zabeo A., Giove S., Santoro F., Marcomini A., 2010. Introduction to the risk-based DEcision support System for COastal climate change impact assessment (DESYCO). Oral presentation at the CMCC annual meeting, Marina di Ugento, Italy, June 2010.
Lazzari, P., Ibello, V., Teruzzi, A., Colella, S., Salon, S., Solidoro, C. and Crise, A., 2010. Mediterranean Sea primary productivity simulated by opatm-bfm model, CIESM 39th congress, Venice
Rizzi J., Torresan S., Zabeo A., Critto A., Marcomini A., DESYCO: a GIS-based Decision Support System for the assessment of impacts related to climate changes. Deltas in Times of Climate Changes, Rotterdam, The Neetherlands, September 2010.
Santoro F., Soriani S., Zanetto G., and A. Marcomini, The effects of public participation in ICM projects, Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on the Mediterranean Coastal Environment, Sochi 10-14 November 2009, pp 23-32
Somot, S. 2009: « Météo-France: contribution to CANTICO », First CIRCLE-MED CANTICO meeting, Venise, January 2009.
Torresan S., Critto A., Tonino M.., Alberighi E., Pizzol L., Santoro F. and Marcomini A., 2009. “Climate change risk assessment for coastal management.”. In Özhan, E. (Editor), Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on the Mediterranean Coastal Environment, 10-14 November 2009, Sochi, Russia, MEDCOAST, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey 91-102.
Torresan S., Zabeo A., Rizzi J., Critto A., Pizzol L., Giove S., Marcomini A., 2010. Risk assessment and decision support tools for the integrated evaluation of climate change impacts on coastal zones. iEMSs 2010 conference, Ottawa, Canada, July 2010.
Somot, S., Elguindi, N., Sanchez-Gomez, E., Herrmann, M, Déqué, M., 2009 : “Estimating the Mediterranean Sea Water Budget: impact of RCM design”, RCM Workshop, Lund, May 2009 (poster).
Francesca Santoro attended the expert meeting “Methods for assessing current and future coastal vulnerability assessment”, EEA, Copenhagen, 27-28 October 2010.
Andrea Critto attended the workshop “EU-Russia collaboration for the evaluation of climate change impacts” organized in the frame of the FP7 project E-URAL, 22-23 November 2010, Barnaul, Russian Federation.
Collaboration with International Research Institute
Collaboration with the School of Geography and Environmental Studies, University of Adelaide (Adelaide, Australia) in the field of Analysis of international procedure for coastal vulnerability assessment, climate change impacts assessment and integrated coastal zone management.
S.Somot, Bologna, 16-18 march 2009, collaboration with CANTICO partners: LMD, INGV, INSTM and participation to the RL2 CIRCE meeting. Visiting period of A. Casado (LMD) at CNRM for CANTICO, June-July 2009.
Collaboration to the "Guidance on Water Supply and Sanitation under Extreme Weather Events". Developed by the Task Force on Extreme Weather Events and supported by the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe World Health Organization (2010, to be approved)
Somot S., 2009: “Poor-man regional reanalysis dedicated to the Mediterranean study: validation and application to regional oceanography”, Seminar at the LMD (invited speaker), Paris, February 2009
Lara LAMON: email@example.com
- WP0: Project Management and dissemination (CMCC)
- WP1: Case study definition and data-base construction (INSTM,IOLR)
- WP2 Methodological approach definition (All partners)
- WP3 Regional atmospheric climate modelling (Météo-France,IPSL)
- WP4: Marine physical and biogeochemical modelling (CMCC, OGS, INSTM)
- WP5 Implications for ICZM and Adaptation (CMCC)
CANTICO project MeetingDate: 07 Oct 2009 / 09 Oct 2009
CANTICO partners meetingThe meeting will be held in Tunisia, and will focus on Regional Risk Assessment. Furthermore, the second day a stakeholders meeting will take place
Date: 19 May 2010 / 20 May 2010
- CANTICO_Nov2008: Powerpoint CIRCLE MED Kickoff, Rome Nov 2008
- Final Conference Cantico presentation: 22-23 Mars 2011, Aix-en-Provence
- CANTICO Final report revised: revision june 2011
- CIRCLE-MED Newsletter N°8 - special CANTICO: November 2011
- Changement Climatique et littoral méditerranéen: comprendre les impacts, construire l'adaptation: Synthèse des programmes de recherche Circle-Med
- Climate Change and Mediterranean Coastal Areas: Understanding the Impacts and Developing Adaptation Strategies: An overview of the CIRCLE-Med Research Projects, 2008-2011